Teeth whitening is necessary for that Hollywood smile. Everyone wants a smile to showoff during special occasions: birthdays, graduations and weddings! Here's some more information about teeth whitening from your Randolph, MA, dentists, Drs. Eyad Salloum and Preethy Sarah George.
More About Teeth Whitening
Teeth whitening is an effective and safe way to achieve that sparkly white smile. It's an economical dental procedure that lightens teeth three to eight shades in about an hour. Good deal, right?
Drs. Eyad Salloum and Preethy Sarah George, your Randolph dentists, have the experience and skills to professionally perform this procedure. It's a quick procedure and, unlike over-the-counter whitening products, it's more effective and your dentist takes the necessary precautions to protect your gums and tooth-root surfaces.
It's preferable to get an oral exam before the whitening process. Your doctor needs to inspect your teeth to determine if there are any conditions that need to be dealt with before getting your teeth whitened.
Professional Whitening Methods
In-Office Whitening: The doctor uses high-concentration bleaching gels to ensure powerful whitening solutions. The procedure consists of the following:
1. Covering your gums and tooth-root surfaces
2. Using a thin retractor that holds lips and cheeks away from your teeth
3. Applying hydrogen peroxide gel on teeth
4. Wait for about an hour
Take-Home Whitening: This is a time-saving option for people who are always on-the-go. The procedure consists of the following:
1. Your doctor will make a mold of your teeth to make two thin, flexible plastic mouth trays (one for the top set of teeth and one for the bottom set)
2. You'll be given whitening gel to put in the trays
3. Then position the trays over your teeth
4. Leave for an hour and repeat if necessary
Would you like to learn more about teeth whitening? If so, call Randolph Family Dentistry in Randolph, MA at (781) 963-0860 for more information!